If you have a home studio, you must know the importance of a monitor studio stand. Although many people prefer placing their monitor studio speakers on the flat desk but having a studio monitor stands will definitely make a difference. There are many benefits of having a studio monitor stands which we are going to talk about in this article.
You know what an ideal studio looks like, it has all the essential gadgets to create or record the sound on which you can work or simply listen. But having a monitor studio stand will definitely help you in the process, elaborate this let’s find out what studio monitor stands are and their benefits.
What is the studio monitor stands?
The idea behind the studio monitor stand is simple, they are meant to provide an elevated space on which your monitor can stand. Although this is the primary function and they are also known to enhance the sound performance as well. At last, they are also useful in upgrading your whole recording
What are the benefits of a studio monitor stand?
If you are a music producer you must need to hear what you have produced, this can be done by a high-end speaker. But having a studio monitor stand will do a good job, as they will make sure you hear the music in such say that you will be able to know the little details of the music notes and sounds. This will provide a critical listing and help you balance and mix the sounds more efficiently. All this will be done as the speakers will be set on your ears level.
Furthermore using a tabletop or a bookshelf as the stand for your studio monitor speakers will cause problems with bass frequencies. And having a studio monitor stand will reduce the frequencies resulting in good bass.
The bottom line is if you are spending a good amount of money in the premium speaker, it won’t harm you to spend a few extra bucks on a studio monitor stand to enhance the overall performance as well as your creativity.
Since there are hundreds of studio monitor stands available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose one for yourself. And that’s where we come in the picture. We have looked into plenty of studio monitor stands and found the top 7 studio monitor stands for you. So take a look at our list of best studio monitor stands and find the best one for yourself too.
- 1 What is the studio monitor stands?
- 2 What are the benefits of a studio monitor stand?
- 3 best Studio monitor stands
best Studio monitor stands
1. On-Stage SMS6000-P Studio Monitor Stands
Our first pick for the best studio monitor stand is On-Stange. It is one of the popular brands that you will find these days. This one is known to deliver great functionality to any home studios. These are the free-standing stands which ensure great looks as well as higher stability to your studio monitors.
The studio monitor stand is made up of high-quality steel which makes it strong enough to hold the 90 lbs of weight easily. You will be also impressed with its ability to adjust to almost five different positions. So you won’t have to always be seated or in the standing position while listening to music. The stand also features swappable feet which makes it ideal for both carpets or on the hard floor.
Made up of steel which ensures stability as well as durability of the stand
It is highly adjustable and can be adjusted in five different heights.
Features a thin strip of foam as well.
2. Definitive Technology Professional 600/800
Definitive Technology Professional 600/800 has also impressed us and made its place in the best studio monitor list. This studio monitor stand doesn’t come with height adjustability but they are made up to a standard height which is at the ear level. And that’s why you will be ensured of accurate sound reproduction.
The stand is made up of heavy-duty steel and it features a height of 35.88 (pro 60) and 36.63 (pro 80). The upper plate of the stand is small but it features a screw that mounts the speaker securely. The stand also comes with both spikes and rubber feet so it will be ideal for both carpet and hard floor.
It’s compact but sturdy enough to hold the monitor securely
It weighs it 9.3 pounds which makes it portable
It comes in both black and white finish
It ensures perfect pro-monitor-level imaging and dynamic sound staging
3. Ultimate Support MS-100B Studio Monitor Stands
Ultimate Support MS-100B is undoubtedly one of the best studio monitors stands – If you have the budget! This premium studio monitor stand comes at a high price but people who value the quality will find it reasonable. It is made up of Aluminium, which ensures it’s sturdiness and you won’t have to worry about it being tipped over. This one features a load capacity of 75lbs.
Another reason that you would prefer this studio monitor stand over others will be its superb isolation which is the reason you won’t hear a sound impacted by any vibration.
Its amazing isolation is the reason you would want it in the first place.
These stands make sure there is no sound loss from the speakers to your ears
The aluminum construction is solid enough to bear the weight as well as ensures durability
VideoSecu is another leading brand that has given us one of the best studio monitor stands. This is totally reliable and you would be happy to take them to your studio. These are sleek and compact studio monitor stand that can withstand the 30lbs of weight. Another amazing feature of this studio monitor stand is its top plat which can be tilted. You would also like its height adjustability from 26.5 inches to 47 inches, so you can easily find the perfect position for yourself. The width of the play is also adjustable (5.5 to 11 inches).
It features a hollow center for cable management and it also comes with screw-in rubber feet.
Features adjustable height and width
Comes with a cable management
Inexpensive yet deliver some of the best features
5. DR Pro SMS1BK
DR Pro SMS1BK is our next choice for the best studio monitor stands, this one will surely impress you with its wood finish monitor base. This one features a standard 36inch height which should be ideal for sitting position at a studio desk.
The stands also feature adhesive cable clips for cable management. You would find extra stability in these stands without any extra weight.
Features gasket sealed, hollow base
It comes with a 5-year warranty which ensures it’s reliability and durability
6. Ultimate Support JS-MS70
As we have mentioned earlier, Ultimate Support is one of the leading brands that we have and also a premium brand for studio monitor stands. But this one actually comes at a pocket-friendly price so you are getting both the features as well as the good price.
The studio monitor stand shows four height adjustments from 32.5 inches to 42.5 inches. You will also find the sound isolation pads for the best sound decoupling. It is made up of strong metal and features good stability.
Comes at a decent price and gives value for your money
Four height adjustments will ensure an ideal positioning
Features a safety lock
It’s lightweight and easy to assemble
7. Gator Framework Clamp-On Studio Monitor Stands
Gator is our next pick for the best studio monitor stand and it a nice pick for this price range. If you are looking for a clamp-on style studio monitor stand, then it should be your first choice.
This one is also suitable for anyone who has limited space in their studio. This one features a weight capacity of 60lbs which is compatible with a number of studios monitors. The plates can be easily tilted as well. It features a sturdy design looks pretty great in a small studio.
It is ideal for small-sized studios
Great design and provides high stability
It is the clamp on style speaker so it won’t take much space and at the same time provides isolation and great audio performance as well.
So these are the best studio monitor stands available in the market that you can trust.
We know it can be hard to choose one studio monitor stand among others, and that’s why we are also sharing a buying guide for the studio monitor stands. In this buying guide, we are sharing some of the features that you need to look in a studio monitor stand, this will help you to choose the best one.
Buying guide for a studio monitor stand.
- 1. Height Adjustability – Height adjustability is one of the leading factors that you need to consider while buying the studio monitor stand for your home studio. The height of the studio monitor stand is should be at your ear levels. So keep that in mind and buy the one that features an height. And that’s where height-adjustable studio monitor stands come in the picture. With these stands, you will be able to adjust the height according to your preferences. So you can enjoy the music from anywhere.
- 2. Weight capacity – Weight capacity is another feature that you need to look in a studio monitor stand. Here make sure you know the weight if the studio monitors and then but the one that features that weight limit. It’s also advised that you buy the one that features higher weight capacity than the right of your speakers.
- 3. Stability – Stability of a studio monitor stand is a very important factor as you don’t want to buy a stand that isn’t stable enough and can cause damage to your high-end speakers. Moreover, the stand should be ideal for the hard surface or the carpet (whatever you prefer). So you can look for the stands with spikes (for a carpet) and rubber feet (for hard surfaces). Some stands feature removable spikes so that you can easily place them wherever you want. The weight of the stand can also affect stability as the heavier stands are supposed to be more stable than the lighter ones.
- 4. Durability – If you are putting your money make sure you are putting them in the right kinds of studio monitor stand that will last longer. So make sure they are made up of durable material.
- 5. Material – The material of a studio monitor stand is also an important feature that you need to consider before buying the studio monitor stand. The studio monitor stands are made up of various materials such as steel, aluminum, MDF, metal, and etc. So you can easily buy the one which features the best functionality and provided a decent performance.
- 6. Portability – The studio stands should be portable so that if you need to travel with your studio equipment it will be easier to lift the stands and carry them around. and that’s why you need to invest in a portable stand. Don’t mistake the portability only with the weight as it should also be easy to assemble and disassemble.
- 7. Price – Make sure you first fix the budget and then hunt for the best studio monitor stand. This way you won’t overspend. And you should also consider the value for the money, make sure you get the features for the price.
- 8. Easy to install – It’s important that you buy a studio monitor stand which is easy to install so that you don’t have to spend hours assembling the stand.
So these are some of the features that you need to consider in a studio monitor stand. Apart from this, make sure they feature some adjustable option which makes them ideal for your use.
Conclusion – Here we have come to an end for our article, the best studio monitor stand. We hope you loved the article and found the perfect studio stand for yourself. Thank you for visiting us and keep coming for more such articles.